For Over 50 years, our volunteer run museum has been presenting railroad Equipment, AUTOMOBILES, model railroads, and artifacts for all to enjoy!
We are here to keep history alive.
We are here to educate.
We are here to entertain.
- we will still be requiring the use of masks after march 10. we kindly ask for your cooperation during these times.
- Our newest train in our collection
- We are open Saturday and SUndays, Closed Fridays Until Further notice
- Party rentals and school groups are cancelled indefinitely
- Engraved Brick Fundraiser For the Longhorn depot. Use this link https://polarengraving.com/texastransportationmuseum
Upcoming Live Steam Days
The Texas Transportation Museum is a volunteer led organization that collects, preserves and displays historically significant transportation equipment and related items. We operate a working passenger railroad, several model train layouts and many road vehicles. We provide an educational and entertaining experience which interprets how developments in transportation technology shaped and continue to impact daily life.
11731 Wetmore Rd, San Antonio TX, San Antonio TX, 78247 – 210-490-3554