For Over 50 years, our volunteer run museum has been presenting railroad Equipment, AUTOMOBILES, model railroads, and artifacts for all to enjoy!
We are here to keep history alive.
We are here to educate.
We are here to entertain.
Please be sure to check out our Exhibits to see everything we have to offer!
For San Antonio Transportation History and Museum Historical Information, Please Visit http://classic.txtransportationmuseum.org
Help Us Build A New Paved Walkway Around Our Depot. Please Visit https://polarengraving.com/texastransportationmuseum for More Info.
Upcoming Live Steam Days
- We are open Saturday and SUndays, Closed Fridays Until Further notice
- Party rentals and school groups are cancelled indefinitely
- Engraved Brick Fundraiser For the Longhorn depot. Use this link https://polarengraving.com/texastransportationmuseum
- Halloween and christmas events are scheduled unless otherwise noted
- eGift Cards are now available. Please Use This LINK to purchase. can be used for admission and the giftshop
2020 Special Events
Model T Show
Free Admission to Show and Museum
Oct 2020 24,25,31 2020
Dec 2020 5,6,12,13, 19,20
Santa’s railroad wonderland
The Texas Transportation Museum is a volunteer led organization that collects, preserves and displays historically significant transportation equipment and related items. We operate a working passenger railroad, several model train layouts and many road vehicles. We provide an educational and entertaining experience which interprets how developments in transportation technology shaped and continue to impact daily life.
11731 Wetmore Rd, San Antonio TX, San Antonio TX, 78247 – 210-490-3554